Sunday, July 12, 2009

Stylin' Ladies with a Vintage Touch


The first, is Zooey Deschanel, one of the singers for the band She & Him. Her other band member is M. Ward, and together they have created band with a sixties pop sound and a folk feel. As you may know Zooey Deschanel is also an up and coming actress and has recently stared in the film "Yes Man" with Jim Carey, and will also be staring in the movie "500 Days of Summer" that opens next week. These are just two of her many accomplishments in film, and I'm sure it's not the last we will be seeing of her. I am very influenced and inspired by Zooey's sense of style. More often than not her look reminds me of a young woman from the nineteen fifties. The fifties are one of my favorites decades for fashion, mostly because I feel it gives you such a classic and beautiful look. Something that I personally feel is rare to find in the Hollywood film scene that Zooey is a part of. The fifties represent simplicity at its best to me in the eyes of fashion, and Zooey Deschanel wears them well. 

The second is Joanna Newsom, a solo artist from the small town I grew up in, Nevada City, California. Her unique voice has made her quite famous along with her ability to play the harp, piano, and to write beautiful songs. She is a folk artist in every sense of the word. Joanna has recorded four albums, an EP record, and has been a apart of a number of collaborations. Her style reminds me very much of the late sixties and early seventies. Lots of floral prints, sun dresses,  light weight fabrics, and worn boots. Her style is incredible, and I think part of the reason I enjoy it so much is because it reminds me of my childhood. Carefree, and happy. 

*Images found via lastfm.com

No comments:

Post a Comment